Monday, February 28, 2011

On the Dark Side

I have to say, my outlook is a little less sunny than the last post.  Since then I was hospitalized for four days for infection (had a fever Wednesday night), poked so often they had to start re-poking the veins that had blown the day before, had an IV placed in my left arm with antibiotics (remember how I said that I would have done that right away?  Do the Vets always have to be smarter than the MDs?), a central line IV catheter placed in my right arm to go home and infuse antibiotics until further notice, a CT scan with horribly painful IV contrast, and more blood pressure readings than I can count - which are actually very painful when your whole body hurts.

So NOW maybe I'm a step closer to being able to handle the real pain of child birth....or not even close. 

Of couse, since worker's comp pays a cap of about $500/week LESS than a regular-budgeted-expected-to pay off all the student loans and house loans and siding loans maybe a baby is farther off anyway.

Thank goodness MY mom is coming to take care of me.  I guess I am still the baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment