Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not Yet

So despite having not been taking birth control, I also have been very delinquint about starting prenatal vitamins.  I am not a good pill-taker to begin with...I usually forget...and in this case I had *meant* to purchase the prenatal vitamins over a month ago.  My doctor said it's more important to be taking them BEFORE you get pregnant than after.

So I finally remembered and went over to Target on my lunch break yesterday.  The vitamin aisle is very large and confusing.  I spent literally 30 minutes in that aisle trying to figure out what "prenatal vitamins" meant and trying to pick one that was not only less expensive but probably did the same things as the spendy ones.  Finally having chosen the Up and Up combo box (a multi and a DHA one to cover all the bases) I spent another 10 minutes in line although there was only one customer in line ahead of me.  My cashier was the talkative type who looked like he had nothing else pressing to do today except provide exceptional client service...exceptionally nosey anyway.  So on my turn he looked at me and asked if the vitamins were for me.  I said yes and sheepishly remembered that I had taken off my wedding ring for surgery and had not put it back on.  He said "Well, you don't LOOK pregnant." 

I should hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment